Thursday, November 20, 2008

Excuse for being late to work: I was making chicken nuggets

I was very late to work this morning because I was making chicken nuggets. I was in the shower, and Bella woke up crying, because she wanted to take chicken nuggets for lunch like the rest of her friends. Holy cow!!! Soppy wet, I ran to the kitchen, and started defrosting chicken (could be allergy mom guilt). 24 minutes of defrosting, I finished my shower... I cubed 2 chicken breasts, breaded, and fried!!! They were so good. Her eyes lit up!!! I missed a meeting, sigh, but these could pass for fast food chicken nuggets!

2 organic chicken breasts
1 egg
½ c organic whole wheat flour
1 tbsp wheat germ
½ tsp organic poultry seasoning
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
dash paprika
organic corn oil

Cube the chicken breast into nugget size pieces. Mix all dry ingredients, and separate into two bowls, beat egg in separate bowl. Line up bowls: flour mix, egg, flour mix. Roll chicken in flour mix, dip in egg, and roll in flour mix. Fry in small frying pan. Approx. 10 minutes on each side.

1 comment:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Wow, those sound great. I am going to try them.